Today, ransomware serves as the most significant cybersecurity risk. Due to inadequate cybersecurity training, organizations fail to equip their most significant lines of defense. Therefore, your employees fail to recognize and report threats. Even the most advanced networks can become exposed to a ransomware assault if a poorly trained staff clicks on a dubious link or unintentionally opens a malicious attachment. For company owners and security professionals, training their staff and educating them in a timely and relevant manner about security measures is imperative to strengthen their security posture. This article at Invensis Learning by Ingrid Horvath shares a step-by-step guide for providing appropriate security training and cybersecurity training certification for your employees.
Cybersecurity Training Insights
In a recent study, 33 percent of respondents did not receive cybersecurity training activities, while 16 percent had no experience at all. An average of 3,269 information security cases were reported in 2018, but 2,081 were attributed to reckless employees or contractors. The misuse of cybersecurity training increases the likelihood of insider attacks and can cost companies approximately $1.8 million annually on average. This will limit the damage a cyberattack can do. Knowledge gained with cybersecurity training certification will help employees comprehend protection and safety measures more thoroughly. Being familiar with the organization’s security procedures, they would feel more confident managing individual security. Furthermore, they would feel confident and competent and not be afraid to engage in computer-intensive activities.
A Step-By-Step Guide for Robust Security Training
Implementing cybersecurity measures is one step toward building a safer community:
- Provide video training on cybersecurity so staff can detect spam material that may hide malicious software.
- Train employees to identify any red flags in emails and report unauthorized personnel access.
- Encourage your team to set up strong passwords and change their passwords regularly.
- Educate your employees to download applications and information from trusted and secured sources.
- Prepare your employees for safety by establishing internet, email, and social networking rules and recommendations.
The most popular cybersecurity training certification programs are:
- COBIT 5 Foundation Certification Training
- COBIT 5 Implementation Certification Training
- COBIT 5 Assessor Certification Training
- CGEIT Online Training
- CRISC Certification Training
To read the original article, click on https://www.invensislearning.com/blog/cybersecurity-training-for-employees/