Cyber security has become an integral part of modern businesses. So, many companies have begun to incorporate multi-factor login and other protective measures. It has helped organizations tackle data theft, identity fraud, and ransomware attacks. Companies have also started to recognize the importance of cyber security to establish better business relations with clients and stakeholders. However, the alarming growth of cyberattacks has compelled businesses to implement drastic measures. According to the Identity Theft Resource Center (IRTC), 92% of data breaches are cyber-based. In his article for CIO, Rick Grinnell shares effective measures to enhance cyber security.
Exponential Rise in Cyber Attacks
There have been various large-scale cyberattacks in 2022 globally. For instance, the south America-based Lapsus$ group has launched several cyber hacks recently. The group hacked into T-Mobile’s network through phishing and other malicious methods. Lapsus$ group also hacked into Microsoft’s network. One of the recent cyberattacks exploited sales team information to get through network security. The hacker disguised himself as one of the IT employees and obtained the credentials of one of the sales employees. So, it is essential to conduct regular training to minimize such occurrences.
Can Multi-Factor Login Enhance Cyber Security?
Many enterprises have begun implementing multi-factor login to strengthen cyber security measures for all company devices. Some businesses use physical security keys to obstruct phishing attacks. It works as another layer to stop external threats and is easy to implement and execute.
Cyber Security Best Practices You Should Implement
Here is a list of cyber security best practices that you must implement for better results:
- Be aware of the latest technological advancements hackers use to get into business networks.
- Introduce a cybersecurity strategy and disaster recovery plan.
- Prepare risk mitigation procedures, such as multi-factor login, to strengthen the company network during or after the attack.
- Incorporate AI-based technology to tackle cyber hacks.
- Share data security and cyber-oriented information with other security communities to collectively reduce the risk of cyber risks.
Click on the link to read the original article: