No matter how big or small, every business is susceptible to cyberattacks. The cybersecurity industry is a terrifying place. It is not unusual to read about a large-scale breach, a ransomware attack, or the anticipated rise in hacking. There are an alarming number of incidents reported every day though these are just a fraction of total attacks. With robust cybersecurity frameworks, CIOs will guide their firms toward radically different business models in the coming years. This article at Help Net Security shares the post-pandemic cybersecurity priorities for security leaders.
Info-Tech Research Group’s Findings on Cybersecurity
Info-Tech Research Group released its yearly report on the top objectives for security leaders. The study incorporates information from the 2022 security priorities survey and other industry-related studies. The report examines significant security developments and goals to aid security executives in protecting their personnel in the hybrid work environment.
“The pandemic has introduced many changes to our lives and to various aspects of how we work, and we are still reckoning with the security implications of all this change,” says Info-Tech Practice Lead Cameron Smith.
Change became the new norm in business, requiring CEOs and their executive teams to pivot and move more quickly than ever. The workplace environment took a 360° turn changing how employees work, access confidential information, and collaborate. This swiftly changed the risk landscape.
Five Cybersecurity Priorities
- Talent acquisition and retention will play a significant role in scaling business capabilities and securing its digital assets. Companies must focus on upscaling and attracting new talent to sustain a competitive business.
- Work from home is here to stay, so companies must find solutions to mitigate endpoint surface risks.
- Digital transformation is fundamental for success but can also cause a breach. Leaders must strengthen their end-to-end security posture.
- Multilayer authentication, zero trust, and identity access management are keywords to compartmentalize, mitigate, and combat risk effectively.
- Ransomware attacks are a common phenomenon that businesses are enduring globally. It is prudent for security leaders to implement robust security measures and have knowledge of recovering from such incidents with low to no impact.
To read the original article, click on https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2022/04/28/security-leaders-priorities/